Travel insurance: simple & flexible
The great thing about World Nomads is you can buy and claim online, even after you’ve left home. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from 140 countries and is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
7 things you should know about travel insurance from World Nomads
- Trusted reliable underwriters
World Nomads is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Value for money with the cover you need
World Nomads provides cover for what’s important for travellers from 140 countries. By focusing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, World Nomads prices are some of the most competitive online.
- Flexibility when you need it most
Had a change of plans? You can buy more cover or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already travelling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activities
From skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- World Nomads keeps you travelling safely
All WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- More than just great value travel insurance
All WorldNomads.com members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
We want to make sure you get the most from WorldNomads.com. You can find out more about why travel insurance is important for your trip. If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact WorldNomads.com directly.
What is covered
There is a list of what’s covered on the World Nomads site, but to name a few main ones that stood out to us:
- Adventure Activities
- Baggage loss and personal affect loss
- Emergency hospitalisation and evacuation
- Trip cancellation, delay and interruption
Under trip cancellation, delay and interruption, there are a few things that are also not included under the basic policy:
- Pregnancy not included unless there is a complication
- Issues because of a war breaking out whether declared or not
- Emotional disorders unless hospitalised
- Anything related to substance abuse (even alcohol)
- “Care or treatment that is payable under any Insurance policy that does not require deductible and/or coinsurance payments by you”
What isn’t covered:
Similarly, here area few or our most important things that are not covered – you can also find the full list on the website.
- Lost prescription glasses, sunglasses or contact lenses
- Lost prosthetic limbs, teeth or hearing aids
- Collision damage only covered on the “Explorer” package
Things you should consider:
- What activities will you be doing? Hiking, cycling, swimming, bungee jumping, riding scooters?
- How expensive are your gadgets? Ensure the policy covers the full price of your gadgets.
- Not all countries are legible for World Nomads insurance, so be sure to enter all of the countries you’re going to visit and double check they’re accepted.
- If you do not have a return flight booked home, you may be considered an expat and not a traveller, and may not be covered on some policies
We hope this helps! Stay safe out there guys, and if you have any questions regarding World Nomads policies just give us a shout and we’ll find out the information for you.
Kelly and Luke